When a Merit email pops up in the inbox, it is immediately copied and pasted into next week’s ‘College News’ column of our paper.
Build affinity for recruiting, retention, and development by sharing the unique journey of every student at your institution with the audiences who care about them.
- Create individualized stories of student success from a larger set of students
- Distribute stories of relevant students to hyper-targeted audiences in state government, hometown newspapers, social networks, and high schools
- Publish stories to customizable landing pages and to student Merit pages
- Reports and metrics track email engagement, social sharing, and benchmarked results
- Powered by IBM Watson Artificial Intelligence: automatically turn existing content into hometown news releases
- Perpetually-updated, built-in database of tens of thousands of local newspapers
- Automatic ZIP code matching of student hometowns to newspaper coverage areas
- Unlimited press release customizations and merge fields
- On-the-fly concatenation of multiple students from same hometown into one release
- Easy workflow for creating and granting achievements to any number of students
- Achievements published online to a personalized Merit page for social sharing
- Email open rates for achievement notifications 400x education industry benchmarks
- Extend reach of content with optional additional distribution to Merit’s stakeholder networks of media, high schools, and government officials
- Searchable, public directory makes faculty news and expertise easily accessible.
- Each faculty member has a Merit landing page to summarize and share their news.
Overall, Merit A.I. is wonderful! At a huge university, things can slip through the cracks, and by using our own RSS feeds on college or school websites within the university’s main web domain, we can pick up on student achievements that we might not otherwise have known about.
One of the best things for SEMO is that Merit helps us automate a lot of the processes of getting our brand and our students successes out in front of their own constituents, their own families, their own communities. That’s great for us and recruiting, and also great for the students and their families. I think they are really proud of it.
I really enjoy the alumni update emails we receive. It’s a great way for us to stay informed about what our alumni are accomplishing after high school. Our own media and communications staff even use them in our community communications. They are useful in so many ways. Thank you and keep them coming!