When a Merit email pops up in the inbox, it is immediately copied and pasted into next week’s ‘College News’ column of our paper.
Build affinity for recruiting, retention, and development by sharing the unique journey of every student at your institution with the audiences who care about them.
- Create individualized stories of student success from a larger set of students
- Distribute stories of relevant students to hyper-targeted audiences in state government, hometown newspapers, social networks, and high schools
- Publish stories to customizable landing pages and to student Merit pages
- Reports and metrics track email engagement, social sharing, and benchmarked results
- Powered by IBM Watson Artificial Intelligence: automatically turn existing content into hometown news releases
- Perpetually-updated, built-in database of tens of thousands of local newspapers
- Automatic ZIP code matching of student hometowns to newspaper coverage areas
- Unlimited press release customizations and merge fields
- On-the-fly concatenation of multiple students from same hometown into one release
- Easy workflow for creating and granting achievements to any number of students
- Achievements published online to a personalized Merit page for social sharing
- Email open rates for achievement notifications 400x education industry benchmarks
- Extend reach of content with optional additional distribution to Merit’s stakeholder networks of media, high schools, and government officials
- Searchable, public directory makes faculty news and expertise easily accessible.
- Each faculty member has a Merit landing page to summarize and share their news.
We have a huge online program, with students from every state except for two. Before Merit, there was just no way to reach that far. For us to be able to recognize all our students in their hometowns is huge. The exposure that comes with that is just not something we’d be able to get in other ways.
Merit is an invaluable way for our school to follow and promote achievements of our alumni. Sharing these stories of alumni success can inspire our current students to achieve, and it helps our school demonstrate our role in positive outcomes.
Getting notifications of awards for our alumni is a valuable aspect of Merit — it is hard to rely on alumni to share their good news with us. Merit has a clean look and is easy to navigate. We put the information into our newsletters and other communications.