What personal information is collected through the Profile?
When you claim or create a Merit Pages, Inc. account, you provide some or all of the following information: name, user-name, password, and email address. Some of this information, including your name and user-name, may be listed publicly on the Profile, such as on your profile page and in the search results. Some services of the Profile, including general browsing, do not require registration. You may also provide additional information that you would like to be made public on your profile page, such as biographical information, your location, and photos. Your profile page will also include public directory information such as your hometown, college, major and year of graduation, if applicable, which is provided by third-parties, such as colleges, universities and public agencies.
Merit Pages, Inc. is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to, on or through meritpages.com. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on meritpages.com or on or through any of its features, register on meritpages.com, use any of the interactive or public comment features of meritpages.com or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
How does Merit Pages, Inc. use the personal information collected through the Profile?
Information about individual users collected through the Profile is used for internal business purposes, including, without limitation, customizing services, contacting members regarding use of the services, and responding to requests for information. For example, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the personal information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem. On occasion, Merit Pages, Inc. or one of its members or affiliates may also use this information to inform you of news, service upgrades or new Merit Pages, Inc. services or products that may be of particular interest to you.
What other information is collected through the Profile and how is this information used by Merit Pages, Inc.?
As you know, the Profile is primarily designed to help you share information with the world. Most of the information that you provide to us is information you are asking us to make public through the Profile and is not considered personal information.
When you interact with Merit Pages, Inc. through the Profile, we receive and store non-identifiable information, which is collected passively using various techniques, but cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. This information may be aggregated to better understand the demographics and behaviors of our profile users. For example, Merit Pages, Inc. tracks aggregate anonymous statistics regarding usage of the Profile and may provide this anonymous information to members, affiliates, advertisers and for other lawful purposes.
Does Merit Pages, Inc. provide personal information collected through the Profile to third parties?
Merit Pages, Inc. does not sell, trade or rent personal information collected online and will not knowingly disclose any individual personal information to third parties except as follows:
- Non-private or Non-Personal Information. We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your public bio and the information displayed in your profile.
- With your Consent. We may share or disclose your information with your consent, such as when you use a third party web client to access your Merit Pages, Inc. account.
- Related Third Parties. In order to provide you with requested services, Merit Pages, Inc. may provide contact or other necessary information to affiliated sites for syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of your information.
- Legal Action. When disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with the rights (including property rights) or safety of other users or third parties or of Merit Pages, Inc..
- Compliance with Law. When Merit Pages, Inc. reasonably believes that disclosure is required by law or to comply with legal process served on Merit Pages, Inc..
- Terms of Service. In order to enforce our Terms of Service.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, personal information may be part of the transferred assets.
How can I change or update the information I provide through the Profile?
For Profile services and products, where user profile information is collected and stored in order to provide you with requested services, Merit Pages, Inc. offers you the opportunity to change or update your profile information at any time by visiting the “My Account” section of the Profile.
What measures does Merit Pages, Inc. take to safeguard its online users’ privacy?
Information you submit to Merit Pages, Inc. upon registration for specific services is password-protected so that the only parties who have access to the information besides Merit Pages, Inc. and its agents and affiliates are you and those you provide that information to. In order to protect the integrity of the password system, members and profile users should refrain from disclosing passwords and immediately change any passwords that may have been compromised. Merit Pages, Inc. will never ask you for your password by e-mail, so members and their employees should not respond to unsolicited e-mail requests asking for password information even if such requests appear to be from Merit Pages, Inc..
Please be advised that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Merit Pages, Inc. is committed to protecting users’ personal information, but cannot guarantee or warrant the security of this information when it is sent to or through the Profile. Transmission of such information is therefore at the risk of the user.
- b. User Choices / Opt-out Rights. You can use the Merit Pages, Inc. website without providing personal information. If you choose not to provide any personal information, you may not be able to use certain Merit Pages, Inc. services. Merit Pages, Inc. may use the personal information that you provide through the Profile for marketing communications with you relating to news, upgrades, feedback, services or products. These such marketing communications will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future communications. You will not be able to “opt-out” of communications with Merit Pages, Inc. relating to your use of the Profile, including your account, set-up and support services, as we need to be able to contact you in order to provide you with the requested service.
- d. Terms of Service. Please review Merit Pages, Inc.’s Terms of Service.
or via our toll-free number: